Birthing Class, Hiccups, and lots of Family Love!

Dear baby girl,

My apologies, in advance, for the scatteredness of this post, but there are three things that I want to be sure to write about and they all only have one thing in common - YOU!

1. Birthing Class
Your daddy & I started taking a "Prepared Childbirth" class last week. The series has four total classes, and tonight is our second meeting. When we arrived to the conference room, located in the Maternity Unit, we were greeted by an incredibly cheery & enthusiastic nurse (whose name now escapes me - I'll be sure to find out tonight). There were four other couples there - dentists, teachers, farmers, and then another couple whose professions I cannot remember. Instead, what stood out about couple number four was the fact that the husband was a total (pardon my french) ass hole. We were all asked to pick up a workbook, water, and nametag, to which he replied "I don't do nametags." Then, later in the class, the instructor asked the husbands to massage their wives for the duration of a song. This particular husband used one hand to check the score of a football game and the other to barely touch his wife's back. GAG. He was such a jerk. It made me feel especially grateful to have your daddy as my partner in life. Since I've been really terrified about giving birth, I hope that this class helps and makes me feel more empowered before the time comes!

2. Hiccups
Yesterday (Sept. 11, 2013), we had unseasonably HOT weather - 92 degrees and humid! I was sooo uncomfortable, and put my semi-swollen feet up during lunch while I watched a webinar in my office. I had my hands resting on my belly, and all of the sudden I started to feel consistent pops in my stomach that I knew were hiccups! It didn't last for too long, but it was absolutely adorable! I wonder if you'll get hiccups much after you're born!

3. LOTS of family love!
Remember those family pictures that I promised from your Aunt Anne & Aunt Maggie's visit to New York? Here they are!



Can you sense all of the love in these photos? There's a lot of it... I promise!

Love,
Mommy

Comments