Time, time, time...
Dear baby girl,
I am officially only about 8 weeks away (at the most) from meeting you, and as genuinely excited as I am, I also feel like time is moving wayyy too quickly and I still have a lot of things on my to-do list(s). In an effort to feel prepared by the time you make your arrival, there are a lot of things that your daddy and I (and other family members!) will be working on over the next couple of weeks!
Your grandpa painted your nursery last week and it looks beautiful. This week, your daddy and I plan on putting your crib together so that we can move on to decorating your room (which I'm most excited about)!
On Saturday, I'm going shopping with your grandma and Aunt Barbara to pick up some things that I'll want to take to the hospital with me during labor. I always naively thought that all I needed to bring was some comfy clothes and my purse, but when we discussed this topic at birthing class it became clear to me that I was sorely mistaken. The sooner that I get my hospital bag packed, the better I will feel!
Our series of birthing classes ends this week, but we have a "newborn care" class next weekend and a breastfeeding class a couple of weeks after that.
My baby shower is scheduled for October 12 and the invitations were sent out this past week. I'll be almost 35 weeks pregnant at that point, so we'll be able to put the final "baby touches" on our house with the gifts we receive at the shower.
Where has the time gone? This pregnancy has seemingly flown by and I am certain that the next 8 weeks will do the same. Everything I hear from my "parent friends" is that time will only go faster once you've arrived! How is that possible??
Love,
I am officially only about 8 weeks away (at the most) from meeting you, and as genuinely excited as I am, I also feel like time is moving wayyy too quickly and I still have a lot of things on my to-do list(s). In an effort to feel prepared by the time you make your arrival, there are a lot of things that your daddy and I (and other family members!) will be working on over the next couple of weeks!
Your grandpa painted your nursery last week and it looks beautiful. This week, your daddy and I plan on putting your crib together so that we can move on to decorating your room (which I'm most excited about)!
On Saturday, I'm going shopping with your grandma and Aunt Barbara to pick up some things that I'll want to take to the hospital with me during labor. I always naively thought that all I needed to bring was some comfy clothes and my purse, but when we discussed this topic at birthing class it became clear to me that I was sorely mistaken. The sooner that I get my hospital bag packed, the better I will feel!
Our series of birthing classes ends this week, but we have a "newborn care" class next weekend and a breastfeeding class a couple of weeks after that.
My baby shower is scheduled for October 12 and the invitations were sent out this past week. I'll be almost 35 weeks pregnant at that point, so we'll be able to put the final "baby touches" on our house with the gifts we receive at the shower.
Where has the time gone? This pregnancy has seemingly flown by and I am certain that the next 8 weeks will do the same. Everything I hear from my "parent friends" is that time will only go faster once you've arrived! How is that possible??
![]() |
| Almost 31 weeks pregnant! |
Mommy

Comments
Post a Comment