Baby Shower
Dear baby girl,
This
Saturday was my baby shower, and it was such a wonderful day filled
with family, friends, gifts, and lots of love! Your daddy and I felt
especially blessed because your Aunt Christine & Uncle Jordan drove
in from CT reallllly early on Saturday morning and stayed with us until
Monday. (It still makes us sad that we don't get to see them more often,
but having them around is always so wonderful!)
We had a "pumpkin" theme, which was perfect for mid-October.
Jen was there, too, and is due just about three weeks after me! I still can't believe that our due dates are so close.
We received some wonderful baby gifts, including a high chair, stoller, baby swing, bath supplies, books, lots of
adorable clothes... plus plenty more that, thanks to pregnancy brain, I
am now forgetting. Thanks to all of these goodies (and a few gift
cards), we now have everything that I think we will need for you
whenever you choose to arrive, which, according to my doctor, could
safely happen any time now! At my 35 week appointment yesterday, he
said, "Congratulations - she is safe to come out whenever she wants to
and will do just fine!" What a relief! I will feel even better in two
weeks when I'm officially full term (or "fully cooked," as your grandpa
would say).
I
feel about as prepared as possible for your arrival, and my sore back,
inability to sleep well, constant visits to the bathroom, etc., make me
hopeful that you might just choose to arrive a little early. Whenever you make your grand entrance, though, I know you will be worth the wait.
Love,
Mommy







Comments
Post a Comment